AntennaCAD is an advanced Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the Numerical Electromagnetics Code (NEC). Development of AntennaCAD was initiated in the early 1980's by General Motors to
facilitate the use of NEC in analysis of vehicular antennas. The current version has been developed for Delphi by John Ross & Associates.
AntennaCAD runs under Windows 2000/XP. Windows Vista and Windows 7 are not supported. Some of the features of the program are listed below:
Interfaces to Popular CAD programs
- Reads and writes files in DXF, CADL, IGES, & others
- Bi-directional translation from line and poly line entities to NEC wires and segments.
- Translation of color attributes to radius values and visa versa
- Checks for and fixes most common mesh problems
- Highlights problem segments in different colors so they can easily repaired in CAD programs. Automatically repairs many common problems.
OpenGL Graphic Displays
- 2D XY, 2D polar and Smith Charts
- 3D XYZ, 3D polar and 3D wire frame displays
Easy Simulation Configuration
- NEC Card Editor provides cued dialog boxes for all NEC control cards
- Control Cards are automatically ordered to provide optimum efficiency
- NEC input file is previewed prior to saving to disk
- On-line help files
Licensing and Pricing
Now that Windows XP and the Visual Studio 6 are both EOL, we are no longer able to license and support his code. We continue to use it internally and on consulting projects however. Please contact Dr. Ross for additional details on how we can help solve your problems.
Last updated July 23, 2014.